Are you a member of Goodreads yet?
No? Get thee to goodreads.com to sign up. It is the place for readers. A nuanced social networking site with lots of bells and whistles, Goodreads’ two best features are:
- Creating and updating my to-read list. Every time I read a review, talk to a friend or browse a bookstore when I have more time than money, I add books to my Want To Read list so I can find them later. It’s far more efficient than Post-It notes on my bulletin board or swimming around in the bottom of my purse.
- Finding new books to read. Goodreads has an algorithm that suggests books you might like based on books you’ve already read and liked. This is an excellent feature akin to having a well-read sister who recommends good books.
I am also a Goodreads Author, which means my blog is linked to my Goodreads profile and I can do fun things like … offer a giveaway!
I’m offering a giveaway from now through July 19 for my latest book, How to Look Hot & Feel Amazing in Your 40s: The 21-Day Age-Defying Diet, Exercise & Everything Makeover Plan. Five lucky readers will get a free copy of the full-color paperback! You can enter here.
Need the run-down on the book? Here’s the blurb:
If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, How to Look Hot & Feel Amazing in Your 40s: The 21-Day Age-Defying Diet, Exercise & Everything Makeover Plan is just the jump-start you need. Or maybe you’re staring down a big event like a class reunion or a big wedding. This plan is for you, too.
A little bit health-and-fitness memoir, a little bit inspiration, a little bit cookbook, this 184-page makeover plan comes with daily checklists to help you address every inch of your gorgeous self. Adapt each day in this doable plan to suit your body, your means, your tastes. You’ll look and feel your absolute best after 21 days and be ready to circulate your confident self among all your adoring fans—friends, we mean friends!
This beautiful full-color book retails for $34.95, and you can get a copy for free by entering this giveaway (it’s available as a Kindle e-book, too, not quite as good as free but almost).
Who is Monica Lee to be writing a beauty book? She’s not a model or a movie star. Her biggest claims to fame are that she once introduced new scrapbooking products to convention halls of screaming women, and she wrote a memoir, The Percussionist’s Wife: A Memoir of Sex, Crime & Betrayal. She’s pretty much standard issue in the beauty department. She does, however, encounter people all the time who guess her age to be younger—sometimes much younger—than she really is. Lee shares her formula for being healthier, stronger and hotter in this step-by-step plan she herself used to recapture her youth.
If you’re a woman who grew up in the age of big hair and Bonne Bell lip gloss, this book was written just for you. If you just a little bit younger or a little bit older, you’ll find good advice and inspiration here, too.
Remember, if a printed book is not your thing, How to Look Hot & Feel Amazing in Your 40s is part of the KDP Select program which means deals for Kindle fans:
- Members of Kindle Unlimited can read the Kindle edition for free.
- Amazon Prime members can borrow the Kindle edition for free through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
- And if you buy my paperback, you can get the Kindle version for only $2.99.